Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's all the fuss?

So I've been super sick this past week and have done a lot of laying around feeling sorry for my sick self. Mostly I've been too sick to do anything but watch TV, generally feeling too crapy to even change the channel so I just watched whatever happened to be on when I hit the power button. By the time Friday rolled around I was feeling a bit better and decided I might as well get something constructive done so I called my friend Laura. She has just finished reading those vampire books that every girl in the country, and probably the world, has been reading and has told me that I absolutely need to borrow and read them. I figured that since I didn't have anything else to do but lay around this would be the perfect time to start and, from the way everyone talks about the books, also finish the series. Well, now it's Sunday and I'm not quite 200 pages into the first book....I know, I know, most of you that have read them would have already been done with the first and moved onto the second book by now, but I've gotta say I'm not sucked in (pardon the pun). Maybe I'm speaking too soon I mean Bella hasn't yet decided for sure that Edward is a vampire, I just keep waiting for it to get really good. You know the kind of good that prompts a person to learn to read with one eye open so that they never have to stop reading even when their eyes get too tired? Well, so far that hasn't happened. But I hate being out of the loop so I am going to have to finish the book. Maybe falling in love with Edward is only a few pages away.... I can only hope.

2 comments:

andrea said...

don't feel too bad. i didn't really get it either. it never really sucked me in until the last 70 pages.

Sally said...

You went into it with too high of expectations. I think these books were writen for 7th graders and she is not a great writer but I really thought the books were fun.