
A couple of nights ago I went to a concert with my parent's and my friend, Laura. It was an invitation from my mom that initially I declined until Laura expressed interest in going. Immediately enticed by the possibility of a girl's night out (plus dad) I changed my mind and we bought tickets. I had never heard of Celtic Woman before that...well I'd probably heard that name here and there but didn't pay any attention. So originally I was more excited to spend time with my parents and Laura than I was to see Celtic Woman, but Laura just kept telling me how excited she was to go and it started to rub off on me and by the time Tuesday night rolled around I was pretty excited myself, except that I had no idea what I was going to see. Now, after seeing them, I have to tell you that sitting there in Kingsburry Hall, listening to the music of Celtic Woman was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable experiences I've had in a long time. They performed so many songs that I love and each one was done so beautifully, I even got a little teary eyed during one song, which is huge since I'm not a cry-er. It was the kind of music that makes you want to be a better person. I was not ready to be done when the concert ended, and I am definitely going to buy their CD and watch their specials on PBS. I just wanted to let all of you out there know that if you ever need to hear something lovely and inspirational Celtic Woman is at the top of my list.

No comments:
Post a Comment