From the east coast to the west coast; this time our vacation took us to southern California. Thanks to much effort and planning by my dad, Tonya and Tami our group consisting of 14 adults and children managed to pull off an awesome vacation to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Disneyland. Some drove, some flew but we all convened in San Diego where we began by chilling on the beach, swiming in the pool, and hanging out with local cousins, Tammy and David. Next, we spent a day seeing the various animals found at the San Diego Zoo but since I was 8 plus months pregnant and needed to stay off my feet as much as possible I had to rent one of those electric wheelchair vehicles to drive around. I was already embarrasssed about having to ride on of those things but it just got worse when I drove up to my family only to have it "beep, beep, beep" when I tried to back up for the first time. The following day found us racing around Sea World trying to take in all the aquatic life in one short day and we are all still laughing about Bennett and his excitement at seeing "Shampoo" the whale. After San Diego we headed up to Anaheim and "the happiest place on earth," Disneyland! I think Disneyland can be the happiest place on earth but only when you are there with family. We had a blast. One thing that worked out well was Bennett, who is 2 & 1/2 years old, and I could ride all the same rides so we pretty much stuck together the entire time. I had forgotten how much I love rides like, Alice in Wonderland, and Dumbo and next time I'll have to catch the "big kid" stuff like Space Mountain, and Tower of Terror. Disneyland was super fun but super exhausting and although we still didn't get to see and do everything there, after three days it was time to head home. I know it was crazy and there were some tense moments, like the political discussion at IHOP, or when Tonya got "left," but over all the trip was a big success and I was sad for it to end. I don't think there is anything I love more than spending quality time with my family. Thanks everyone, I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just got back from "the happiest place on earth" too. It looks like you had such a fund trip. I can't believe you went on those tea cups. Just seeing the picture makes me feel like I might lose my lunch. I can't wait for that baby to get here! We need to chat. love you.
Post a Comment