Saturday, July 5, 2008

Wasatch Back Relay

Four years ago my cousin Tammy organized a team of family members to run the Wasatch Back Relay and it was so much fun that we've run it every year since. The Wasatch Back is a 180 mile relay race that starts in Logan and winds through the back roads of the Wasatch mountains and ends in Park City. It's such beautiful scenery and always reminds me how much I love living here. Running the relay was the main reason Andrea came out, we both had originally planned on running but then on doctor's orders I had to give my spot to someone else. I was super bummed and still really wanted to be part of the team so I volunteered to be the van driver... any excuse just to be there. Andrea, Aunt Bonnie, and cousin Jan were the family members running this year, Ben was a much appreciated volunteer and Tonya, Jaren, Bryson, Tori, and Aubrey were there again, to cheer us on at the starting line and for everyone's first legs. This event has really become a family favorite. As always we had a blast, got little sleep, and laughed a lot. I must say that not running sucked more than I thought it would and I'm telling you all right now that next year I will be back.





Each team has 2 vans that each carry half of the team, 6 runners each. This was our half of the team, go van 1! Paul, Kim, Bonnie, Jan, Lisa, Andrea, and Tiffanie. BTW, our team name was Prayin' 2 Finish.






Jaren, Bryson, and Tori are a great cheering squad.


























Tonya is such a trooper and brings the kids to watch our team run, it's a lot more fun when they come and having them cheering on the side of the road for that really hot first leg gives some much needed motivation. Thanks guys!












Andrea couldn't resist a frolic in the long grass.

No comments: